Each ml contains 50 mg flunixin meglumin
Cattle & Horses
Indications for use
1. For the alleviation of inflammation and pain associated with musculoskeletal disorders.
2. For the alleviation of visceral pain associated with colic in the horse.
1. For the control of acute inflammation associated with respiratory disease.
2. Finadyne has also been shown to have some benefit in the treatment of experimental acute bovine pulmonary emphysema (Fog Fever).
3. Finadyne Solution may be used as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of acute mastitis.
1. Do not exceed the stated dose or the duration of treatment.
2. Use is contra-indicated in animals suffering from cardiac, hepatic or renal disease, where there is the possibility of gastro-intestinal ulceration or bleeding, or where there is hypersensitivity to the product.
3. The product may be used in pregnant and lactating cattle.
Interaction with other medicinal products and other forms of interaction
1. Do not administer other NSAIDs concurrently or within 24 hours of each other.
2. Some NSAIDs may be highly bound to plasma proteins and compete with other highly bound drugs which can lead to toxic effects.
3. Concurrent administration of potentially nephrotoxic drugs should be avoided.
Dosage and Administration
1. By intravenous injection for musculo-skeletal disorders at the following rate : 1ml per 45kg bodyweight (1.1mg flunixin/kg) once daily for up to 5 days according to clinical response.
2. By intravenous injection for colic at the following rate : 1ml per 45kg bodyweight (1.1 mg flunixin/kg) repeated once or twice if colic recurs.
3. For the treatment of endotoxaemia or septic shock associated with gastric torsion and with other conditions in which the circulation of blood to the gastro-intestinal tract is compromised: 0.25mg/kg every 6-8 hours, by intravenous injection.
1. 2ml per 45kg bodyweight (equivalent to 2.2mg flunixin per kg) administered intravenously. Repeat as necessary at 24 hour intervals for up to 5 consecutive days.
2. In order to prevent excessive broaching of the rubber stopper, it is not recommended that the stopper is broached more than 25 times
1. Overdosage studies in the target species have shown the product to be well-tolerated.
2. Flunixin meglumine is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
3. Overdosage is associated with gastrointestinal toxicity.
4. Concurrent use of nephrotoxic drugs should be avoided.
Animals must not be slaughtered for human consumption during treatment.
Cattle: 10 days from the last treatment.
Horses: 7 days from the last treatment.
Milk for human consumption must not be taken during treatment.
Milk for human consumption may only be taken from cattle after 24 hours from the last treatment.
Special Precautions for Storage :
1. Do not store above 25°C.
2. Do not freeze
Pack size :
50 ml bottle