FULL CHEEK SNAFFLE DOUBLE BROKEN
Benefits of SWEET Copper Mouth:
• Better acceptance
• Pleasant sweet taste of the middle piece
• Encourages chewing and salivation
• Solid copper composition (90% Copper, 7% Iron and Aluminum, no Nickel) with very high strength
• Horses feel good with SWEET Copper
Benefits of a Full Cheek Snaffle:
• Long and extended arms above and below the mouthpiece with a ring attached to it. The cheeks have a good lateral guiding effect which enhances the response of the horse on the outside rein when riding bends and circles
• The leverage effect is not very high. It can be increased however when used with bit keepers, which keep the bit more fixed in the mouth
• Full-cheek-snaffles have proven to be especially good for training young horses and lungeing work.
Benefits of a Pelham Bit:
• Can be ridden with one or two sets of reins
• Leverage bit putting pressure on the bars of the mouth as well as the poll
• Exact and effective responsiveness
• Only if you use a Pelham with two reins, you can take advantage of the bit to its full extent. With the rein in the upper large ring, called the snaffle-rein, the action of the bit is similar to an Egg-But-Bit or a Loose-Ring-Snaffle.
• The lower rein, called the curb rein, which is attached to the lower end of the shank, is used for its curb action with a leverage effect, applying pressure on the poll.
• Using the Bit with a bit converter and only one rein minimizes its effect. A famous German Riding-Instructor (Trainer) once told me, using a bit converter when riding with a Pelham is like driving a car and holding the hand break at the same time.
• The special features of a Stübben STEEL tec Pelham are its short shanks of only 5cm ca. 2 inches. This reduces the leverage, but allows a quicker more direct action between reins and mouthpiece. (Standard Pelhams have shanks with a length of 7cm or 2.3/4 inches).
• The immediate response is especially helpful when show jumping, particularly when the course has many tight turns.
• The flat curb chain hooks prevent the horse’s lips from being pinched.
• Furthermore, our curb chain, with flat hooks, is easier to adjust to the each horse’s chin, because you don‘t have to twist it like a conventional curb chain, so it can lie flat in the chin groove
Stübben Steeltec Quality:
• No rough edges that could hurt the horse's mouth
• Long durability due to selected materials
• A special processing technology ensures that bit holes and link pieces remain intact for longer
Widths in cm: 12.5 cm
Widths in inch: 5"
Cheeks: 12cm - 4 3/4"
Thickness: 14 mm
Widths in cm: 13.5 cm
Widths in inch: 5 1/4”
Cheeks: 14cm - 5 1/2"
Thickness: 14 mm
With Sweet Copper Link