2in1 Butterfly Snaffle double broken
Widths in cm: 12.5 / 13.5 / 14.0 / 14.5 cm
Widths in inch: 5” / 5 1/4” / 5 1/2” / 5 3/4”
Thickness: 16 mm
Cheeks: 14 cm - 5 1/2"
SWEET Copper link with stainless steel cheeks
International article number: 2293
1 Bit - 2 impact levels
The new 2 in 1 bit offers two additional impact levels in the horse’s mouth by simply switching the sides of the bit.
1. If you buckle the more angular side of the bit towards the horse’s tongue, the pressure occurs more selectively.
2. If you buckle the round side towards the horse’s tongue, you have a softer impact.
If the sign + is visible on the mounting side, the more effective side is in use. If you cannot see the + sign from the mounting side, the softer side is in use.
Changing the buckling from time to time prevents a desensitization of the horse’s mouth.
Benefits of SWEET Copper Link:
• Better acceptance
• Pleasant sweet taste of the middle piece
• Encourages chewing and salivation
• Solid copper composition (90% Copper, 7% Iron Aluminum, no Nickel) with very high strength
• Horses feel good with SWEET Copper
Advantages of the butterfly snaffle
• especially suitable in jumping
• enhanced impact and control
• supports horses in tight turns
• buckling is possible in many ways:
1. If the reins are fixed on the center ring, the effect is similar to the one of a Baucher bit mostly acting on the horse’s mouth and putting only a slight pressure on the neck.
2. If the reins are fixed on the lower ring, the lever action is intensified. The bit then acts similar to a 3-ring gag. However, the pressure is distributed more evenly on the horse’s mouth and neck so that horses accept this bit more easily than a 3-ring gag.
3. A medium impact can be obtained by using a pelham strap fixed on the center ring and lower ring.
4. Additionally, you can fix a chin strap on the upper ring.
Stübben STEELtec quality:
• No rough edges that could hurt the horse's mouth
• Long durability due to selected materials
• A special processing technology ensures that bit holes and link pieces remain intact for longer